If an emergency vehicle is approaching and is sounding an alarm or showing flashing lights, you must move out of the path of the emergency vehicle as soon as you can do so safely.
Here’s some tips:
- Again, do not panic.
- Slow down, but do not brake rapidly.
- Use your indicators.
- Be aware of other motorists.
- Do not move suddenly or move into the path of the emergency vehicle.
- Move as far to the left of the road as you can and come to a stop.
- If you cannot move left safely, stay where you are and let the emergency vehicle drive around you.