Medical masks can be used to prevent the spread of respiratory infections. Although N95 respirators appeared to have a protective advantage over surgical masks in laboratory settings, our meta-analysis showed that there were insufficient data to determine definitively whether N95 respirators are superior to surgical masks in protecting health care workers against transmissible acute respiratory infections in clinical settings.
- Clean and evaluate the injury and remove damaged tissue
- Close severe wounds with stitches or apply a bandage to minor bite injuries
- Take radiographs if a foreign body or deep tissue injury is suspected
- Recommend treatment for tetanus or rabies if indicated
- Refer you to a specialist if there’s extensive damage or a joint is involved
- Prescribe antibiotics to prevent infection