Emergency Care Algorithms
Reasons to download and use these algorithms:
- They allow us to build in adherence to any known literature support (evidence-based).
- They help conserve resources by standardizing care orders and resource use. This means they save money!
- They reduce confusion. Nurses do not have to guess what cares are necessarily based on the specific provider.
- They reduce errors for the same reason. All patients receive a similar regimen, so potential errors are more easily recognized.
- They promote team building, particularly when the protocol components involve several different services within the hospital.
- They teach a consistent, workable approach. This is especially important to trainees. When they graduate, they are familiar with a single, evidence-based approach that will work for them in their practice.
These Emergency Care Algorithms© are evidence-based and are freely downloadable as part of the Emergency Medicine Kenya Foundation’s commitment to Free, Open-Access Medical education (#FOAMed). All Medical Education Resources by the Emergency Medicine Kenya Foundation are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0). More details are available at https://www.emergencymedicinekenya.org/disclaimer
Buy & Donate
Buy a PRINT COPY of any of our latest evidence-based emergency care guidelines for Kes 1,000 and we will donate one to an Emergency Care Centre in Kenya to strengthen emergency care in the country. MPESA Till No. 578355 and Whatsapp the MPESA confirmation and your delivery details to 0710 633 855 (Free delivery within Kenya).
Emergency medicine is a field of practice based on the knowledge and skills required for the prevention, diagnosis and management of acute and urgent aspects of illness and injury affecting patients of all age groups with a full spectrum of episodic undifferentiated physical and behavioural disorders (IFEM) – WATCH VIDEO